GST Council Updates
1. Quarterly Returns approved for taxpayers with turnover less than Rs 5cr ( tax payments to continue on monthly basis)
2. Sanitary Napkins exempted from GST going forward
3. No decision on 1% sugar cess
4. GST on bamboo flooring reduced to 12%
5. GST on hotels would now be on actual tariff & not declares tariff
6. Ethanol for Oil Marketing Companies now at 5% vs 18% earlier
7. 5% GST ceiling on footwear raised from Rs 500 to Rs 1000
8. GST on paints & varnishes, wall putty cut from 28% to 18%
9. GST on all leather items cut from 28% to 18%
10. GST on consumer electronics – TV (up to 27″), Washing Machine, Refrigerator, mixer, juicer, grinder cut from 28% to 18%
11. GST on special purpose vehicles, work truck, trailer cut from 28% to 18%
Exempt from GST
Deities made of stone, marbles or wood.
Raakhis, without any precious metals.
Raw material used in brooms.
Commemorative coins circulated by the RBI or government.
From 12 percent to 5 percent
Fertiliser grade phosphoric acid
From 28 percent to 18 percent
Lithium-ion batteries reduced
Food grinders, mixers
Shavers, hair clippers
Storage water heaters
Electric smoothing irons
Ice cream freezer